Category: Commercial Slot Drains
PaveSlot D400KN is used to drain external hard surface areas, where a neat, discreet and aesthetic appearance is required. The system is typically used with paving units, laid against the top edge of the channel, but can also be installed within a concrete surface, for use in medium duty loading applications.
The system is suitable for all paved areas; in public and commercial projects, which may be subject to occasional traffic by delivery and service vehicles.
PaveSlot is manufactured from pre-galvanized sheet steel, but is also available in stainless steel (various grades) if required.
PaveSlot fully complies with ADA regulations.
- Parking Lots
- Shopping Malls
- High Security Areas
- Educational Institutions
- Pedestrian & Landscape Areas
- Building Exterior (Commercial, Educational, Healthcare, Retail, Terminals & Other
- Strong & Durable – UltraSlot F900kN channels have been load tested up to 202,320 lbs, in accordance with international standards. Innovative design features achieve a strong connection to the surrounding concrete and steel reinforcing. Gatic Slotdrain will remain intact for the design life of the project.
- Water Tight – Channels comply with international standards regarding ‘water-tightness’ when installed according to manufacturer’s instructions. See Rigid Steel Lining – Gatic Slotdrain could be considered a cast in-place trench drain with a rigid steel lining, that resists lateral forces and provides protection to the channel concrete encasement.
- High Capacity – Use of high capacity channels reduces the need for channel runs and catch basins to drain a given area. Larger units can be used for water storage on site (24? wide channel stores 34.43 US gals/ft).
- Stepped Fall & Self-Cleansing – A ‘stepped fall’ channel configuration and v-shaped channel base improves the velocity of water, to achieve a self-cleansing flow, even during periods of low rainfall.
- Maximum Intake – The intake capacity of Gatic Slotdrain channels is five times greater than required in typical storm conditions. UltraSlot F900kN channels have a maximum intake of 1.13 US gallons/second/foot (slot width 1.187?).
- Continuous Interception (Reduced Wash-Over) – Horizontal slot design ensures continuous interception along the full length of the channel and reduces the ‘wash-over (bridging)’ effect of surface liquids. This is important for environmentally high-risk spillage areas (gas station forecourts, fuelling areas) and secondary containment.
- Fewer Channel Joints (Only 50 per 300 feet) – Gatic Slotdrain has fewer joints and lower frictional losses along a given run of channel, to achieve a smoother flow of water.
- Time & Cost Savings (1) – Using larger Slotdrain channels in a ‘stepped fall’ configuration greatly reduces the number of channel runs, ground excavation, catch basins and underground pipe-work required to drain a large site. See
- Time & Cost Savings (2) – UltraSlot F900kN channels 6?–16? wide do NOT require steel reinforcing in the channel concrete encasement for use in heavy-duty applications.
- Quick Installation – With innovative design features, and no gratings to fix, channel units can be installed up to four times quicker compared with pre-cast and cast in-place trench drain systems, achieving additional cost savings. Experienced contractors can install between 300 feet–400 feet of Slotdrain in one day.
- Easy To Handle – Channel units are lightweight and easy to handle on site.
- Impact Resistant – Channels will not break during transport, site storage or installation, avoiding the need to replace units.
- High Quality Finish – Practical channel features and precision manufacture (+/– 0.039?) allows for neat jointing and straight channel alignment.
- Safe System – A single unit, with simple slot design, ensures safe passage for pedestrians, vehicles and aircraft, avoiding injury and personal claims. See
- Tamper Proof – A system with no removable parts is ideal for areas of high security, public use and schools.
- Reduced Maintenance Cost – A one-piece unit is less prone to wear and tear, as component parts cannot work loose or be removed. Less pipe-work, with fewer slot drain runs and chambers, reduces the need for maintenance. Access units and catch basins allow for easy cleaning and maintenance. Impact resistant units will not need replacing.
- Simple System, Quick Design – Hydraulic Design Software makes channel sizing and specification a simple task. Larger channel units allows for fewer Slotdrain channel runs and less pipe-work, achieving less complex designs.
- Precise & Aesthetic – The neat and unobtrusive slot detail compliments modern, contemporary design and accommodates all surfaces.
- Design Flexibility – A range of channels and accessories are available to suit most drainage schemes, project types and load requirements.
- Quality Assurance, Proven Performance – Complying and tested in accordance with US and international standards (EN: 1433; 2002), the system has proven performance on projects all around the world.
Call 800-277-5015 to place your order for PaveSlot D400KN 4"-24"!